In less than two months, my Little Sister, Lacee, and I will be celebrating our two-year match anniversary. We have had many, many fun adventures since we were matched by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada on February 8, 2011. You can read all about them at Big and Little Adventures.
Unfortunately, we had to take a 5-month hiatus during the latter half of this year so I could deal with my health issues (see earlier Rainbows and Butterflies posts). I am happy to report that I am doing GREAT and Lacee and I saw each other twice this month. Our first outing after our hiatus was attending the Big Brothers Big Sisters Holiday Party at the Reno Events Center. We had lots of fun catching up and just being together. We also participated in the local Christmas Bird Count for Kids and brought one of Lacee's friends along. There were prizes for the most species observed during the count; Lacee tied for first place and received a special prize, her very own set of field guides!! She was really excited and I was excited to see her outside and taking an interest in one of my hobbies. She and her friend used her new field guides in the car on our way to taking her home looking up the birds they saw earlier in the day and also looking up Nevada's state animals.
If you would like to contribute to BBBSNN this year and help give a child a Big, please go to my Friends & Family Holiday Campaign fundraising page at the link below. This year the top fundraiser will receive a bike for their Little. Right now I'm in the #1 spot. Please consider a donation to help keep me there. Thank you!
Learn more about BBBSNN and becoming a Big at www.bbbsnn.org.



No comments:
Post a Comment