Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Today is April 9, 2008

Today is April 9, 2008. It was 10 years ago today that my life completely changed. I thought April 9, 1998 was going to be the end of my life, but it was only the beginning. On April 9, 1998 I thought my life was changing for the worse, but looking back over the last 10 years, it has most definitely changed for the better!
  • I learned that my husband is a true angel.
  • I learned that a lot of people love and care about me.
  • I found my self-esteem and learned to love myself.
  • I let go of caring about what other people think.
  • I learned to be more open.
  • I learned that my Mom and Dad are two of my best friends.
  • I learned that I need to take care of myself first, then I can take care of others.
  • I learned that I like to give much more than I like to receive.
  • I learned to stop thinking about doing things and just do them.
  • I learned that I am capable of a lot more than I ever thought I was.
  • I learned to trust that everything happens for a reason.
  • I learned to trust that some things don’t happen for a reason.
  • I have very dear friends that I would never have met if my life didn't change on April 9, 1998.

7 comments:

Sevi said...

Kristin, thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are an inspiration to us all. May you have continued good health, love and happiness.
I am so glad we found each other after 20 years!
...wishing you a lifetime of rainbows and butterflies:-)
Be well, my friend.
Sevi

dadheartsacro said...

Amen to that! Thanks for the words of wisdom. I believe wisdom is what results from experience and reflection which is greater than knowledge by itself. If I figure it out, can I put a link to your blog from mine?

Andrew

Malcolm Marcy said...

Wouldn't it be nice if when the Universe wanted to teach us lessons, it didn't have to threaten our health! Way to learn the lessons and I'm so happy you're here!

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I admire and envy your courage and stick-to-itiveness. I see parallels between you and Hollee. I, quite honestly, have neither of those attributes and I have yet to figure out why. That's why I admire those, like you, who do. I have somewhat of an idea why but my thinking could be flawed by some experiences in my life. So I consider myself clueless in many aspects of life. The best way to put it is like I am looking through a semi-transparent cloud. I can sort of see some things but many are obscured. But this blog is about you and all the things that you listed of what your experience has taught you is wonderful. You faced adversity and won. A phenomenal way to start out a blog. And this is the first time I have ever posted a comment on a blog so I am happy that it was on yours.
Love,
U.T.

Colleen said...

Kristin ~ The world needs more like you. You are truely a caring and thoughful person, and I feel fortunate to call you my friend. For over 18 years! You have a way to put a smile on someone's face, probably because you always have one on yours!

Unknown said...

Kristin,
Congratulations on your 10 year mark. I only hope that I can be as insightful when I reach my 10 year mark.Thanks for being my hope to the future!
Love,
Karry

Trisha said...

You are a miracle and I love you.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?" ~ Mary Oliver