I was so sad to hear this morning that George Carlin died. My first memory of George Carlin is from the mid-1970's and his bit titled "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television". Everyone probably can remember the exact place they were when they first heard this bit. Kind of like knowing where you were when Elvis died, when John Lennon was shot, or when 9-11 occurred. I remember I was over at a friends house (maybe after school or maybe on a weekend but we were home alone). We must have been 10 or 11 at the time. My friend decided to sneak her older brother's (or maybe it was her Dad's) record album "Class Clown" and play that bit for me. I will never forget sitting there in front of the record player listening to it over and over until we could recite all seven words! Thank you George for teaching me those seven dirty words, including all the different ways to use them in a sentence, and thank you to my friend for introducing me to George. :)
Monday, June 23, 2008
A Sad Day - George Carlin Dies
I was so sad to hear this morning that George Carlin died. My first memory of George Carlin is from the mid-1970's and his bit titled "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television". Everyone probably can remember the exact place they were when they first heard this bit. Kind of like knowing where you were when Elvis died, when John Lennon was shot, or when 9-11 occurred. I remember I was over at a friends house (maybe after school or maybe on a weekend but we were home alone). We must have been 10 or 11 at the time. My friend decided to sneak her older brother's (or maybe it was her Dad's) record album "Class Clown" and play that bit for me. I will never forget sitting there in front of the record player listening to it over and over until we could recite all seven words! Thank you George for teaching me those seven dirty words, including all the different ways to use them in a sentence, and thank you to my friend for introducing me to George. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment